LIB TECH x LOST
LIBTECH x LOST K.A. EXACTA SWORDFISH 5'9" x 19.25" x 2.38" 29L
"THE BEST EVER ALTERNATIVE BOARD" - KOLOHE ANDINO
Matt and Kolohe’s good times hometown project. The wave catching and speed of a fish meets the high performance desires of one of the world’s best performance surfers. The Exacta 5'9" is Kolohe’s playful fun board when he gets off his contest blades and wants to cut loose... the normal dims are yours and my fishy high performance stick when the surf gets good and we get off our Bags and Jumpers.
*Fins NOT included.
The 5'9" is actually Kolohe’s personal preferred specs...a little more narrow and a little thinner makes the volume a little lower than the 5'8”
TECHNOLOGICALLY TOUGHER - ENVIRONMENTALLY NICER!
Lib Tech is dedicated to board riding and hands on high tech board building. We have spent a lifetime of surfing, shaping and working with alternative, high performance, environmentally friendly materials and constructions. Traditional surfboard construction has always felt too fragile and the build process is toxic and unhealthy for the planet and craftspeople. We know there had to be a way...
Mike Olson and our experiMENTAL division applied our 35+ years of hands on board building experience to the task of building a better surfboard. In the process we completely rewrote the book on surfboard construction. Every component we use in our ecoIMPACTO surf construction is completely new to the surf industry. Our Thermo fusion process radically minimizes resin exposure and sanding while creating amazingly durable, environmentally friendly, high performance surf structures that will free your mind and lift your surfing to new heights.
THE ECOIMPACTO RIDE "HIGH PERFORMANCE LIFE EXTENSION"
A smooth responsive and high performance ride with the feel of a crispy new polyester that lasts and lasts.
- LESS WORRY... MORE FUN
- THE ULTIMATE TRAVEL BOARD
- WONT ABSORB WATER IF YOU DO GET A DING
- REPAIRS WITH EPOXY
- ECO FRIENDLY MATERIALS AND PROCESS
- ELIMINATION OF INDUSTRY-STANDARD RESIN EXPOSURE PROCEDURES
- ELIMINATION OF INDUSTRY-STANDARD SANDING PROCEDURES
- ELIMINATION OF INDUSTRY-STANDARD PAINT BRUSHES, TAPE, AND SOLVENTS
- LOW VOC PLANT BASED BIO RESIN
- RECYCLED FOAM OFFCUTS
- LONG LASTING CONSTRUCTION
NEW! FOC II FIN BOX SYSTEM
- FCS II compatible!
- Two Tab compatible with 1/2” fin adjustability for precise tuning of your boards surf characteristics
- Stronger and lighter box
- Tough & Resilient!
- High impact and break strength fiber
- Great rebound / memory
- Smooth & Strong!
- Pure additive-free mineral fiber
- Natural dampening properties
- Break and impact resistant
CARBON POWER SPINE STRINGER
- Dynamic energy & long lasting flex
- Tension spread to carbon fiber
- Rebound energy return
- Perfect flex tuning
- Strong, Light, Waterproof
- Environmentally friendly nitrogen blowing agent
- Elliptical engineered cells act like a column providing stiffness from top to bottom and “nerf-like” elasticity in side impact
- Recycled: 25-40% recycled content, 100% of off cuts recycled
HEXZYLON FIBER FOAM SKIN
- Strong & Smooth!
- Smooth riding vibration absorption layer
- Impact and ding resistant
- Strong & Nice!
- Low VOC glycerin based chemistry
- Surfs smooth like a new polyester board
- Longer lifespan than epoxy
ELASTO PERIMETER DAMPENING FIBER
- Smooth & Strong!
- Flex control, pop, precision
- Impact resistant
- Crush & dent resistant!
- New carbon red (*Funnelator)
LIB TECH LEASH PLUG
- Better Basics!
- 6061 T6 Aircraft aluminum pins
- Lightweight fiber composite cup
INVINCIBLE MONSTERQuality100%This board is nearly impossible to damage. The pulled in tail makes it quick and responsive but it still has enough volume to get you in early. Plus it's just gorgeous to look at.
Review by jman
A GOOD ONE!Quality80%Have ridden the 5'10 a few times now, paddles well and can surf both in the pocket and flatter faces. Fun as a thruster and 2 + 1 with the MR set. The generous volume and outline makes this board super fun. Paddles well yet has a performance playful tail! Dang hard to ding, so get out of the way!
Review by daguysittingoutdaback
ACCELERATION ON TAP – 5’10” SWORDFISHQuality100%Outta the box I set it up thruster – as I do with all new boards just to feel them out. Once I move to quad, they tend to stay that way; I just love the on-demand acceleration quads provide. However, the Swordfish worked so good as a thruster, I thought I WAS on a quad! It’s got the same squirt-and-go characteristics… so even after a test run as quad, I’ve returned to thruster mode for this board.
As well as speed on demand, it cranks a good snap. Not sure if it’s the tail shape, hip, or just being back on a thruster, but there seems to be a real pivot point to work with. The nose feels a bit pointy coming off my other boards, but combined with just the right amount of lift, it gives catch-free performance any regular wide-nosed fish struggles to find. For me the 5’10” is borderline too much float, could possibly have gone down a size, or tried the exacta? But aging body parts have pushed me towards higher volumes, and it does get me into waves nicely.
For reference, I’m 5’8”, 77kg (170lbs), competent long-time surfer (30+ years), and total Lib addict. Current faves are 5’5” PJ for slop, 5’8” RNF go-to, and 6’0” RNF for big wide days when lotsa water moving around. I’ve been looking to fill the performance gap, last year got a 5’8” PJHP and it was kinda doing the job – but I reckon the Swordfish is what I’ve been waiting for!
Review by Ste'en